I’ve been to TAP Craft Beer Bar before and managed to stop by again for a couple of beers during my recent short to trip to Singapore.
TAP is in the refurbished Capitol Theatre building very close to Raffle City, Chijmes and City Hall MRT station.
TAP has an exceptionally good list of beers on tap and in bottle from all over the world. Majority are from the US and Singapore, but there are also a number from Germany and Hong Kong, for example.
If you’re been for a drink in Singapore you’ll know that beer prices can be on the high side, and even more so when you’re looking to drink quality craft beers and not just the standard Tiger or Carlsburg.
Over three visits I was able to try a number of very nice beers including
- Rogue Chocolate Stout from Rouge Ales in Oregon in the US
- Stone W00tstout which is an Imperial Stout from Stone Brewing in Escondido, California, US
- Lost Coast Alleycat Amber Ale from Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka, California, US
- Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout from the Anderson Valley Brewing Company in Boonville, California, US
- Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker and the Green Flash Tangerine Soul Style from the Green Flash Brewing Company from San Diego, California, US
All were great beers and some have a real kick to them (and a price to match).
The Stone W00tstout was limited to just 4 kegs for all of Singapore – so get in and have a pint, but be warned it’ll set you back around $33/pint. But it was worth the price.
For beer lovers this is certainly a place you’ll need to stop at for alteast one beer.