zaaffran is a superb Indian restaurant at Darling Harbour in Sydney. The views of Darling Harbour and the Sydney CBD are second to none.
Being a balmy evening, we sat on the balcony to have our feast.
I’ve eaten a lot of Indian food around the world, including India itself. The food at zaaffran is simply magnificent and some of the best that I’ve eaten.
The staff are knowledgeable and explain the dishes to you, so you know what you will be eating.
Last evening we ate
- Mixed starter of chicken tenderloin, vegetarian entree & a lamb cutlet
- Tiger prawns in a tomato, onion & coconut sauce with green chili, garlic & curry leaf; tempered with fennel seeds & star anise
- Chicken in a roasted coconut, clove, cinnamon, onion & tomato sauce with tamarind and curry leaf
- Lamb cutlets grilled with ginger, garlic, black pepper, coriander and curry leaf, flecked with sesame seeds; seasonal salad; garlic chutney; beetroot raita; potato wedges
- Decadent Chocolate Pots: swiss dark chocolate cremes; crème fraiche
A feast that was washed down with a couple of bottles of pinot.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.